Days 2, 3 & 4: hard work, harder luck

In the last blog, they tore apart the entire bathroom. That’s one out of the one-and-a-half bathrooms we have. I was hoping everything would go smoothly and quickly. That didn’t exactly happen.
Tuesday, they sectioned off the shower and bathtub areas.
And they used sheet rock on the walls. Disregard the color. That will change. Something for the top and something else for the bottom.
So far, so good.
Wednesday, unfortunately, I got a call from the secretary at BathFitter. I thought she was calling to confirm Thursday morning at 9am again, on the day before, when it really counts. She’d already called to confirm twice.
Instead, she told me they’ll put the shower in on Thursday and Friday, but they were sent the wrong bathtub! (They ordered it weeks ago and didn’t realize?) It’ll have to come from Canada, probably next week. We’re looking into what they will give us for our trouble.
So I won’t be able to use the shower Thursday. Will have to wait 24 hours for the silicone to completely dry.

Looking in. You see what the floor will look like.

Closer up. Shower on left. Bath tub straight ahead. Window, radiator and vanity (waiting out in the hallway) on right.

Shower done. Can’t wait to leave work and use it!

Where the bath tub will go when it finally arrives.

Speaking of changes, Thursday morning, the contractor, Garry and I spent a few hours shopping for every conceivable type of bathroom fixture, from tile and wall paneling, to paint and the ceiling, not to mention the vanity and mirror.
Of course, installing everything is delayed. We’ll all have to wait to see what everything looks like in place. Until then, here’s a sneak peek at one object that’s in a box, in another room…
By the way, the old one is gone. The neighborhood must be very nice because we left it outside for 3 days and nobody wanted it. The contractor ended up taking it away.

About the author

The journalism “business” has changed — from standards to platforms to layoffs — along with the American public, and I’ve managed to survive somewhat on my own terms.

I started in 1994, becoming an award-winning and respected TV newscast producer.

Even better was creatively producing websites and social media, and serving as a station's digital media manager — writing news, creating graphics and getting evidence of growing my audience here in the nation's fourth largest market, Philadelphia.

I also taught first grade for eight years. My principal saw my class website and made me electronic gradebook manager to assist co-workers when we stopped using paper gradebooks.

In 2018, I took courses and earned the Google IT Support Professional Certificate.

In 2019, I was a freelance newspaper reporter, but enjoyed copy editing and reviving the publication’s social media even more.

That got me striking out on my own with a local news website to join the blog I created, designed and write.

Ask me about all the details.

I did drive Uber to make ends meet until I started as a customer service representative at one of the world’s largest web-hosting companies, with more than 8 million customer contracts and hosting more than 12 million domains.

With classroom and newsroom experience, I know how to prioritize, analyze and take the best course of action. Getting results means attention to detail, following through and following up.

Something to add? Disagree? Let us all know!

%d bloggers like this: